You can use any peanut butter cookie recipe, but we stuck with the original Hershey's recipe (why mess with a good thing). For this cookie you will need:
- 48 HERSHEY'S HUGS striped chocolates (we are not aware of a leopard print Kiss yet)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Pink gel food coloring (we used AmeriPro Soft Pink)
- Extra sugar to roll your cookies in
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap your Hershey Hugs and set aside.
2. **OPTIONAL** You can roll your cookies in regular granulated sugar which will make them sparkle. Or you can dye your sugar pink and they will be pink and sparkly! It took us three attempts to get the best result, here it is: Just add about 1/4 cup of sugar to a large Ziploc baggie. Drop in a few drops of food coloring, and massage into the sugar. The wet food coloring will make the sugar slightly wet and clumpy. Mix in a tsp. or two of cornstarch to solve this problem. Voila - pink sugar!
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and peanut butter. Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and the brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the milk, egg and vanilla and mix until blended. At this point, add a few drops of food coloring until you reach your desired color.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda. In batches, mix the flour mixture with the peanut butter mixture until combined. Do not overbeat.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the extra sugar. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press a Hershey Hug into the center of each cookie, the cookie's edges will crack slightly. Remove from the cookie sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
With the small cookie scoop you will get 48 cookies - plenty for your party AND the late night munchies. We've also made them with a medium cookie scoop and got 24 cookies.
What are your go to recipes for bachelorette parties?