To help with menu planning, below is a list of our 10 favorite finger foods that offer enough variety to ease your stresses. Pick a few from our list below, grab a fruit and veggie platter and some nice cheeses, and you’ve got yourself a cocktail hour to remember.
1. Z Tejas Grilled Shrimp Tostada Bites This is a recipe from a popular local restaurant here in Austin. We love this recipe because it looks really impressive but is relatively simple. You can’t really prepare this one too far in advance, though, so make sure you can handle this on the day of.
3. Spinach Pinwheels This is a great option for vegetarians and the pinwheels will add an elegant touch to your food display.
4. Strawberry Bruschetta This is one recipe we haven’t tried yet, but we’re dying to. We love the mix of sweet and savory and as far as we’re concerned, anything with goat cheese is delicious.
6. Spinach Artichoke Cups Who doesn’t love spinach artichoke dip? We love turning this dip into a finger food by using filo cups or wonton wrappers.
7. Tortilla Roll Ups. This is another staple menu item for us because it is prepared the day before and served cold. Serving too many hot dishes can heat up your kitchen and limit your time with guests.
8. Caprese Tartlets People are always so shocked to learn that the “cups” in these caprese tartlets are made with regular old white bread. Just be sure to make extras – these bad boys go quickly.
9. Tomato Soup Shooters Soup shooters have become a popular party trend. Whip up a big batch of soup ahead of time and then pour into mini shot glasses for a fun twist.
|Props to our bestie Desiree' for bringing these to life at a recent party|
10. Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Adding seafood to your appetizer list always makes your menu seem fancier. You don’t need expensive crab meat for this one – you can buy it canned just like you would tuna and your guests will never know it.
Your menu doesn't need to consist entirely of finger foods, but it does seem to be easier to eat when your party is standing room only. Don’t forget to get your hands on some of these finger plates to really put the spotlight on your finger foods.
What are your go-to finger food recipes?